I coach CrossFit Adults class and athletes that are new to CrossFit
I am a mother of 3 amazing kids, 14, 10 and 5, a full-time registered ICU nurse and a CrossFit coach. I grew up in Louisiana and played collegiate women’s soccer on a scholarship for USM. In 2010, I became a certified marathon coach and trained tons of athletes to overcome the insurmountable goal of finishing a full marathon (26.2 miles).
In 2012, I began my CrossFit journey to try something that was challenging and different than anything I had ever done. It’s been 5 ½ years and I have not looked back. CrossFit has made me the strongest and fittest I’ve ever been.
Some of my favorite things about coaching:
- Knowing an athletes’ potential and what they are capable of and pushing them to see that.
- Encouraging athletes to become comfortable with the “uncomfortable “ so they can mentally see how tough they are. Nine times out of ten they are left with a huge “wow” moment. They say “I never thought in a million years I could do that!!”
- To watch new members come in, put in the hard work, follow a nutritious, healthy lifestyle and make an amazing transformation both inside and out.
Some of my goals everyday when I coach:
- Say Hi to everyone in class.
- Be attentive to new athletes so they don’t feel overwhelmed. Make them feel welcome and explain what’s going on around them.
- Help people struggling with nutrition.
- Offer pointers, technique cues, or simply how to attack a WOD.
- Encouraging words while WODing.
FUN FACT: I ran the Disney Goofy Challenge with my sister (½ marathon on Saturday and full marathon on Sunday)